Want to know more about a geographical area or genealogy topic? One of our Special Interest Groups (SIGs) might be a way to sharpen your knowledge — whether it’s about a particular State, the Caribbean, DNA or the Military.
In addition to attending our regular general meetings, members meet separately at various times in these Special Interest Groups to share and learn information specific to an area of their research. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the groups meet virtually via video meetings, emails or conference calls.
To contact any Special Interest Group, email email@example.com.
SONS & DAUGHTERS OF THE U. S. MIDDLE PASSAGE (SDUSMP):
- Newly Formed Monthly Working Group for Joining the SDUSMP — Started Thursday, 15 SEP 2022 at 7 p.m.
- Preferred preparation for the first meeting is stated in the bullet points below
- Review first 20 slides of Chapter’s March 2022 video (on Members Only page)
- Trace at least one family line back to 1870
- Identify enslaver or have an idea who enslaver was
- For that family line, obtain vital records (e.g., birth, marriage and death certificates) for the first 3-4 generations, including yourself (need a copy of the original document, not an index)
- Problems? — Don’t worry. Help is available during meetings